Ely glass company raise £555 for charity by saving coins in a bottle for three years
- Credit: Archant
Three years of coin saving at an Ely firm has led to £555 being raised for charity.
N & C Glass Ltd, who are based at Lancaster Way Business Park, donated a glass bottle full of coins to East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices.
The bottle was received on behalf of the charity by Mayor of Ely Councillor Mike Rouse and the total is still being counted.
Wendy Thompson, trade sales administrator at N&C Glass, said: “It’s been ongoing for about three years now.
“We were putting the money in there until the bottle was full and we raised £455.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re going to get one of the big cheques and go down to the hospice to hand it over.
“Our boss, Nick Flack, then put in £100 of his own money once we filled it up.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
“We’re planning to do it again so if anyone has any suggestions of charities we should raise money for, they can call us on 01353 667964.