Mystery surrounds cause of Witcham Toll fire
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called after a large pile of garden waste caught fire in Witcham Toll on Monday night.
A crew from Sutton arrived at a property to find a large area of waste on fire at about 6.50pm.
Smoke was billowing across the A142 and firefighters remained on scene for almost an hour while the flames were extinguished.
The cause of the fire is unknown.
Firefighters were also called into action in Burwell on Monday, at about 6.25pm, following reports of a fire in a trailer.
You may also want to watch:
Crews from Ely and Cottenham arrived at a property in Factory Road and extinguished the blaze.
The cause of the fire is also unknown.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut