King’s Ely musicians hit the high notes after impressive achievements
- Credit: Archant
Two musicians from King’s Ely were hitting the high notes as they celebrated impressive achievements.
Year 11 pupil James Wilkinson has been offered a place with the National Youth Brass Band of Great Britain (NYBBGB) as a trombonist.
This feat comes days after sixth form student Lisa Lyu was awarded her associateship diploma from London's Trinity College of Music for piano performance.
James, who also sings in the school's chapel choir, said: "I feel privileged to have been selected for the NYBBGB. I have been playing the trombone for nine years and I have had a lot of help from family members and teachers to get to this stage."
Lisa, who has played the piano since she was four-years-old and crowned the school's senior young musician of the year, said: "I am delighted to have achieved a distinction.
You may also want to watch:
"When I play the piano, I feel like my mind is inside another music world. This is the moment I enjoy the most."
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 5 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph