Musician hoping to drum up support for charity record attempt
SOHAM musician Jeremy Peake is attempting to drum up some support ahead of an upcoming world record attempt.
On Sunday, Jeremy will join 799 other drummers at EventCity in Manchester as they bid to smash the world record for the largest drum kit ensemble, doing their best to keep in time.
The current record, 582 drummers, of which Jeremy was one, was set in Birmingham back in 2009 but the Soham resident believes there is scope to go even bigger this time around.
The drummers have set themselves a target of raising �100 each for the event which would help them raise a whopping �80,000 for the MS Society.
Jeremy said: “The MS Society do great work for people with a cruel disease. If anyone would like to sponsor me, for however small an amount, all of the money will help to improve the lives of sufferers”
If you would like to sponsor Jeremy visit his donations page at: www.justgiving.com/Jeremy-Peake
- 1 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 2 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 3 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 4 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 5 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Rough sleeping injunctions are ‘positive’ say council
- 9 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 10 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series