Musician hoping to drum up support for charity record attempt
SOHAM musician Jeremy Peake is attempting to drum up some support ahead of an upcoming world record attempt.
On Sunday, Jeremy will join 799 other drummers at EventCity in Manchester as they bid to smash the world record for the largest drum kit ensemble, doing their best to keep in time.
The current record, 582 drummers, of which Jeremy was one, was set in Birmingham back in 2009 but the Soham resident believes there is scope to go even bigger this time around.
The drummers have set themselves a target of raising �100 each for the event which would help them raise a whopping �80,000 for the MS Society.
Jeremy said: “The MS Society do great work for people with a cruel disease. If anyone would like to sponsor me, for however small an amount, all of the money will help to improve the lives of sufferers”
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to sponsor Jeremy visit his donations page at: www.justgiving.com/Jeremy-Peake
- 1 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 2 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 3 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 4 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 5 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 6 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 7 Election 2021: Counting gets under way in East Cambridgeshire
- 8 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 9 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack