Talented group of Ely College music students form band as part of collaborative project
- Credit: Supplied/Ely College
A talented group of Year 8 pupils from Ely have joined forces and formed a band as part of a collaborative music project.
Alana Baer, Violet Bainton, Alfie Bradley, Sam Friedland and Lauren Marshall of Ely College have formed the band as part of The Lloyd-Reason Foundation.
The foundation provides weekly tuition, musical instruments, workshops and a professional recording studio session; the band also gets to play live at local gigs.
Richard Spencer, Ely College principal, said: "We are delighted to be working, once again, with the Lloyd-Reason Foundation on this inspiring project.
"Last year's band were amazing, with all of them going on to study GCSE Music. It will be good to see how the new group collaborate, gain confidence and have fun.
You may also want to watch:
"They have so much potential and personality as a group, so I'm really excited to follow their progress."
Professor Lester Lloyd-Reason said: "The Lloyd-Reason Foundation was formed with the objective of removing barriers to enable children access to all the benefits that musicianship brings.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 10 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
"Working with Ely College we identified a group of children to nurture musically, as well as build their self-confidence and discipline, allowing them to flourish and grow.
"Over the past year I've become a regular visitor to Ely College and am always delighted."