‘She has family and friends that adored her’ - tribute to woman, 29, in murder probe
- Credit: Archant
Tributes to a woman who died in Ely have been posted to the Policing East Cambridgeshire Facebook page.
Morgan Green, 29, of High Barns, Ely, was pronounced dead after emergency services were called to her home on Tuesday.
Four arrests have been made in connection with her death.
“She was a friend of mine and I will stick up for her as she is not here to do that,” wrote one woman.
“She has family and friends that adored her. Everyone goes down different paths but I won’t have someone slate her either.”
You may also want to watch:
Another wrote that “her family and friends will be heartbroken”.
One other friend posted: “She was a lovely person but there will always be someone with a bad mouth and it’s nice to see her friends standing her ground as a friend who knew her”.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Man named following fatal collision
- 6 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 7 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
Others tributes included “RIP babe, you will be missed by lots. You drove us crazy at times but we’ll never forget you xxx.
Emergency services were called at about 2.10pm with reports of concern for the woman in High Barns, Ely.
Despite efforts from paramedics and medical staff, Morgan was pronounced dead at the scene.
“The death is being treated as a murder and a police cordon remains in place,” said a police spokesperson.
Four people were arrested yesterday in connection with the incident.
A 38-year-old woman and a 53-year-old man, both from Littleport, were arrested on suspicion of murder and have since been released under investigation.
A 29-year-old man from Littleport arrested on suspicion of murder remains in police custody at Thorpe Wood Police Station.
A 28-year-old woman, also from Littleport, was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender and also remains in police custody.
A post mortem examination is due to take place at Peterborough City Hospital tomorrow.
Detective Inspector Dale Mepstead, who is investigating, said: “We will be conducting enquiries in and around High Barns area while our investigation into the death continues.
“There will be a large police presence while we carry out these enquiries and we would like to reassure people that we are treating this as an isolated incident.”
Anyone with information should call police on 101 quoting incident 220 of 1 December or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report.