Multiple recognition for staff at Isleham Produce World site at awards including for man who saved life
- Credit: Archant
The Isleham site was a big winner at this year’s Pride of Produce World Group Awards.
Workers at the site won the Special Individual Recognition and Team of the Year awards.
Among the winners was Darren Francis, a team leader at Produce World Isleham, who won the Special Individual Recognition Award after he saved someone’s life.
Mr Francis put his first aid course to good use when he was confronted with an unconscious man at the company’s Christmas storage facility in Pymoor.
David Frost, Produce World Group’s human resources director, said: “Darren is someone that we can always rely upon, which is perfectly reflected in this instance when he was relied upon to save someone’s life.
“This incident shows what a great asset Darren is to the Produce World team, and his actions are an inspiration to his colleagues and the group.”
The other big winner was the Site Employee Forum (SEF) team, which won Team of the Year.
- 1 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 4 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 5 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: You have your say
- 10 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
Mr Frost said: “The team is made up of self-motivated and committed individuals who regularly give up their own time to ensure their projects and initiatives are successful.
“Through the Isleham SEF Team, every colleague on site has the ability to have their voice heard to affect meaningful change throughout the group.”
Cassandra Day earned a second runners-up place for Colleague of the Year and the Isleham Wash-In Team was second runner-up in the Team Special Recognition award.