Multiple recognition for staff at Isleham Produce World site at awards including for man who saved life
- Credit: Archant
The Isleham site was a big winner at this year’s Pride of Produce World Group Awards.
Workers at the site won the Special Individual Recognition and Team of the Year awards.
Among the winners was Darren Francis, a team leader at Produce World Isleham, who won the Special Individual Recognition Award after he saved someone’s life.
Mr Francis put his first aid course to good use when he was confronted with an unconscious man at the company’s Christmas storage facility in Pymoor.
David Frost, Produce World Group’s human resources director, said: “Darren is someone that we can always rely upon, which is perfectly reflected in this instance when he was relied upon to save someone’s life.
You may also want to watch:
“This incident shows what a great asset Darren is to the Produce World team, and his actions are an inspiration to his colleagues and the group.”
The other big winner was the Site Employee Forum (SEF) team, which won Team of the Year.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 5 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 6 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 7 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 8 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 9 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
Mr Frost said: “The team is made up of self-motivated and committed individuals who regularly give up their own time to ensure their projects and initiatives are successful.
“Through the Isleham SEF Team, every colleague on site has the ability to have their voice heard to affect meaningful change throughout the group.”
Cassandra Day earned a second runners-up place for Colleague of the Year and the Isleham Wash-In Team was second runner-up in the Team Special Recognition award.