Ely teacher to run her first half-marathon in aid of East Anglian Air Ambulance charity
- Credit: Archant
An Ely singer and music teacher will take on her first half-marathon on Sunday in aid of the East Anglian Air Ambulance charity.
Ali Driver, who is also known as ‘Mrs Melody’, said: “I’ve always enjoyed running so I set myself a goal in January to train hard and apply for a place in the City of Norwich Half Marathon.
“The training has gone brilliantly with the huge help of ‘Let’s Run Girls Ely’, a running group for ladies that I joined this year.
“Thanks to them I’ve managed to go from 5k to half-marathon distance in these few months.”
Ali said she chose the charity because it is close to her heart: “It is in desperate need of further funding and has been a life saver to people I know.
“Any donation possibly could help to save the life of someone you know.”
Ali teaches music in more than 40 schools and nurseries across Cambridgeshire.
- 1 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 2 Latino 'feeling' comes together for South American venue on launch night
- 3 Caught on camera the moment an otter came up for dinner
- 4 E-scooter crackdown sees crimes drop by third across county
- 5 Ely by-election after death of 'marvellous' parish councillor
- 6 Combined Authority in freefall: how on earth did we get to this?
- 7 20-year-old dies following motorbike crash in Longstanton
- 8 Model rail exhibition back after three years
- 9 Eleanor becomes highest achieving contestant in mathematical olympiad
- 10 Visit Ely announces series of fun-packed events ahead of The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
To donate search Alison Driver on www.justgiving.com