Ely teacher to run her first half-marathon in aid of East Anglian Air Ambulance charity
- Credit: Archant
An Ely singer and music teacher will take on her first half-marathon on Sunday in aid of the East Anglian Air Ambulance charity.
Ali Driver, who is also known as ‘Mrs Melody’, said: “I’ve always enjoyed running so I set myself a goal in January to train hard and apply for a place in the City of Norwich Half Marathon.
“The training has gone brilliantly with the huge help of ‘Let’s Run Girls Ely’, a running group for ladies that I joined this year.
“Thanks to them I’ve managed to go from 5k to half-marathon distance in these few months.”
Ali said she chose the charity because it is close to her heart: “It is in desperate need of further funding and has been a life saver to people I know.
You may also want to watch:
“Any donation possibly could help to save the life of someone you know.”
Ali teaches music in more than 40 schools and nurseries across Cambridgeshire.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 8 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 9 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 10 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
To donate search Alison Driver on www.justgiving.com