MP welcomes refurbished fleet of trains serving passengers in Littleport and Ely
- Credit: Archant
A fleet of 40 upgraded First Capital Connect trains have come into service serving passengers at Littleport and Ely.
Upgrades to the trains, which will travel on the London to King’s Lynn line, include new seat covers, flooring, internal paint; external door buttons and vestibule grab handles.
It is planned that the rest of the upgraded trains will come into service in phases over the next couple of years to guarantee train availability at any one time.
From this spring, there will be further improvements to all of the upgraded trains to ensure they are up to date with the latest disability regulations.
MP for North East Cambridgeshire, Steve Barclay, said: “It is good news that the first of forty upgraded trains travelling between London Kings Cross and Peterborough, Cambridge and Kings Lynn has come into service.
“Together with station improvements at Cambridge and Peterborough it is a very positive step forward in improving rail services for constituents in North East Cambridgeshire.”
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 4 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 5 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 6 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 7 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection
- 8 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 9 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 10 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?