MP welcomes refurbished fleet of trains serving passengers in Littleport and Ely
- Credit: Archant
A fleet of 40 upgraded First Capital Connect trains have come into service serving passengers at Littleport and Ely.
Upgrades to the trains, which will travel on the London to King’s Lynn line, include new seat covers, flooring, internal paint; external door buttons and vestibule grab handles.
It is planned that the rest of the upgraded trains will come into service in phases over the next couple of years to guarantee train availability at any one time.
From this spring, there will be further improvements to all of the upgraded trains to ensure they are up to date with the latest disability regulations.
MP for North East Cambridgeshire, Steve Barclay, said: “It is good news that the first of forty upgraded trains travelling between London Kings Cross and Peterborough, Cambridge and Kings Lynn has come into service.
You may also want to watch:
“Together with station improvements at Cambridge and Peterborough it is a very positive step forward in improving rail services for constituents in North East Cambridgeshire.”
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 4 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 5 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 8 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 9 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 10 Care home still 'requires improvement'