MP welcomes refurbished fleet of trains serving passengers in Littleport and Ely
- Credit: Archant
A fleet of 40 upgraded First Capital Connect trains have come into service serving passengers at Littleport and Ely.
Upgrades to the trains, which will travel on the London to King’s Lynn line, include new seat covers, flooring, internal paint; external door buttons and vestibule grab handles.
It is planned that the rest of the upgraded trains will come into service in phases over the next couple of years to guarantee train availability at any one time.
From this spring, there will be further improvements to all of the upgraded trains to ensure they are up to date with the latest disability regulations.
MP for North East Cambridgeshire, Steve Barclay, said: “It is good news that the first of forty upgraded trains travelling between London Kings Cross and Peterborough, Cambridge and Kings Lynn has come into service.
You may also want to watch:
“Together with station improvements at Cambridge and Peterborough it is a very positive step forward in improving rail services for constituents in North East Cambridgeshire.”
- 1 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 2 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 3 Residents 'horrified' by Swastika graffiti in grounds of Ely Cathedral
- 4 Lockdown easing - 10 pubs and restaurants say welcome back
- 5 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 6 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 7 Littleport marks Royal British Legion centenary year with moving ceremony
- 8 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 9 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face
- 10 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550