MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- Credit: IAN CARTER
The MP for North East Cambridgeshire has praised the “fantastic” team at Doddington Vaccination Centre, who are searching for more volunteers.
MP Steve Barclay, who is a member of the national vaccine taskforce, had his coronavirus vaccine jab on Saturday at Doddington Hospital.
He said: “I would like to say a huge thanks to the fantastic health team at Doddington as well as all the other vaccination teams across North East Cambridgeshire involved with the successful vaccine rollout.
“Having been a member of the national vaccine taskforce, it was great to join so many people locally on Saturday to receive my own jab of the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine.”
He added that “Doddington alone has now vaccinated approximately 30,000 people, which is a huge tribute to Dr Simon Hambling and all his team. Thank you to everyone involved.”
You may also want to watch:
The team is also looking for volunteers to support the clinic.
The shifts are four hours long and require being stood up for most of that time. Weekdays are particularly needed.
- 1 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 5 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 6 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 7 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 8 Election 2021: Counting gets under way in East Cambridgeshire
- 9 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 10 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
"We have AMAZING volunteers but many are returning to their 'normal' responsibilities," said the team.
"We are so very grateful for the time they have given."
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in volunteering.