MP Lucy Frazer visits Kennett rail station as improvement works get on track
- Credit: Archant
Kennett rail station has been given a new lease of life thanks to recent renovation works, and MP Lucy Fraser took a trip to the station to witness its new and improved look.
Ms Frazer met with representatives of Abellio Greater Anglia yesterday (April 6) to discuss the project to upgrade the station, which includes plans to resurfaced platforms, new waiting shelters and the installation of six new cycle parking hoops.
The MP said: “I’m delighted to visit Kennett station to see the work that Abellio Greater Anglia has undertaken to improve the station.
“Investment in infrastructure is key, and I was pleased to hear of the improvements that had been made at Kennett.
“Local commuters and residents will benefit from this investment.”
You may also want to watch:
Abellio Greater Anglia’s Area Customer Service Manager, James Steward, said, “This is a significant upgrade to Kennett station which has resulted in an improved ambience and more pleasant station environment for our customers. Abellio Greater Anglia is committed to upgrading stations across the network to make our customers’ journeys better.”
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 5 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 9 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 10 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely