MP Lucy Frazer learns how to pull the perfect pint at expanding Royal Standard pub in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Lucy Frazer popped down her local in Ely to speak to the couple behind the expansion of one of the city’s most popular pubs – and even learned how to pull the perfect pint.
The SE Cambs MP visited the Royal Standard on Fore Hill and spoke to Mike Connelly and his partner, Jeanene, who have run the Greene King-owned pub since 2013.
The pub has recently announced plans to add five guest rooms in the New Year, funded by Mike and Greene King – a project that has been four years in the making.
Mike said: “It was extremely useful to have a chance to speak with our local MP.
“The new accommodation is massively exciting. I first started thinking about the project four years ago so it’s great to have it nearly ready. We’re really looking forward to it being open and generating some more business as there is a shortage of rooms in Ely.”
You may also want to watch:
Ms Frazer said: “I was very pleased to have the opportunity to spend time with Mike talking about the state of the pub industry, best models of practice and what the future holds. It is great to have such superb pubs like the Royal Standard in our area.”
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 9 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation