MP Lucy Frazer joins Soham Friends Project for LGBT workshop
- Credit: Archant
A group of young people from Soham held its second LGBT ‘connectuality’ workshop on Friday thanks to funding from the Cambridgeshire Community Foundation.
The Soham Friends Project’s second workshop raised awareness of issues faced by the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer community. The group was joined by MP Lucy Frazer at the event.
The group applied for the funding in order to campaign for social change and advocate diversity and equality.
The Kite Trust (formerly SexYOUality) delivered the workshops to members of the group and other young people under the age of 17
The group is led by young people aged 10-17, and is supported by parents, carers and professionals. It started in 2013 with the aim of providing “a safe, supportive and inclusive environment,” said group organiser Claudia Stein-Carr.
You may also want to watch:
“It is especially targeted at young people with additional support needs, who have experienced bullying, may have learning difficulties, are in need of support or counselling, or simply wish to make a difference to other young people’s lives.
“At school, relationship and sex education is never very inclusive and that’s what got the ball rolling”, she added.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
If you would like to join Soham Friends or for more ifnroamtion about the workshops call 01353-727749 or email firstname.lastname@example.org