MP Lucy Frazer holds series of open meetings to give parish councils and residents chance to flag up concerns
- Credit: Archant
Residents got to flag up the issues which matter to them when MP Lucy Frazer hosted a series of open meetings across South East Cambridgeshire.
Over the course of a few weeks, Ms Frazer met with just under half of the parish and town councils in South East Cambridgeshire.
Issues raised by the councils and residents ranged from assisted dying and international affairs to local housing, education and infrastructure.
Following the meetings, Ms Frazer said, “It is important to me to know what concerns those living in the constituency and I am keen to do what I can to ensure that their thoughts and concerns are heard.
“I have taken on board a number of issues from each meeting and will be raising this with ministers, local authorities and other relevant bodies.
You may also want to watch:
“I am grateful to the parish and town councils for giving me the opportunity to meet with people across South East Cambridgeshire.”
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'