MP hails work of hospital staff
SOUTH East Cambridgeshire MP Jim Paice paid tribute to the work of staff at the Princess of Wales Hospital when he stopped off in Ely this week.
Mr Paice was in the city to visit the hospital’s specialist speech therapy team and was given the chance to observe some of their work helping children to overcome speech and communication problems.
The MP also met with four-year-old Charlie Flude, from Ely, who is currently working with the team.
“I was delighted to meet the children’s speech and language therapy team to see and
hear about how they are developing our community services, said Mr Paice.
“I also thoroughly enjoyed meeting with Charlie and his mother, Donna.”
Lizzie Hunt, team leader for children’s speech and language therapy service in East Cambs, said: “We are delighted Mr Paice visited our service.
- 1 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 2 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 3 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 4 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 5 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 6 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 7 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 8 'Energy and hope' on the agenda for new Ely mayor
- 9 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
“It was a great opportunity for staff to meet their local MP and talk about the innovative ways we support families and ensure that every child gets the help they need quickly.”