MP hails work of hospital staff
SOUTH East Cambridgeshire MP Jim Paice paid tribute to the work of staff at the Princess of Wales Hospital when he stopped off in Ely this week.
Mr Paice was in the city to visit the hospital’s specialist speech therapy team and was given the chance to observe some of their work helping children to overcome speech and communication problems.
The MP also met with four-year-old Charlie Flude, from Ely, who is currently working with the team.
“I was delighted to meet the children’s speech and language therapy team to see and
hear about how they are developing our community services, said Mr Paice.
You may also want to watch:
“I also thoroughly enjoyed meeting with Charlie and his mother, Donna.”
Lizzie Hunt, team leader for children’s speech and language therapy service in East Cambs, said: “We are delighted Mr Paice visited our service.
- 1 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 2 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 3 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 4 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 5 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 6 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 7 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 8 Annual classic car show returns to Ely
- 9 Book tickets for brewery’s summer jazz party
- 10 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
“It was a great opportunity for staff to meet their local MP and talk about the innovative ways we support families and ensure that every child gets the help they need quickly.”