MP hails work of hospital staff
SOUTH East Cambridgeshire MP Jim Paice paid tribute to the work of staff at the Princess of Wales Hospital when he stopped off in Ely this week.
Mr Paice was in the city to visit the hospital’s specialist speech therapy team and was given the chance to observe some of their work helping children to overcome speech and communication problems.
The MP also met with four-year-old Charlie Flude, from Ely, who is currently working with the team.
“I was delighted to meet the children’s speech and language therapy team to see and
hear about how they are developing our community services, said Mr Paice.
You may also want to watch:
“I also thoroughly enjoyed meeting with Charlie and his mother, Donna.”
Lizzie Hunt, team leader for children’s speech and language therapy service in East Cambs, said: “We are delighted Mr Paice visited our service.
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 3 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 6 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 7 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 8 Vaccinated nurse tells of 'incredibly stressful' situation
- 9 Number of fatal injuries caused on our roads ‘remains far too high’
- 10 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
“It was a great opportunity for staff to meet their local MP and talk about the innovative ways we support families and ensure that every child gets the help they need quickly.”