MP calls on East Cambridgeshire musicians to Rock the House!
- Credit: Archant
Sir Jim is encouraging unsigned musicians and local bands to enter the 2015 Rock the House competition.
Rock the House offers unique opportunities for young musicians to gain valuable exposure.
Prizes range from festival slots, studio time, equipment from Orange Amplification, Yamaha and Gibson, and mixing and mastering tracks with Grammy award winning engineers at Metropolis Studios.
The competition has five categories: best band, best solo act, best solo act under 19, best band under 19, and best music video.
Sir Jim said: “I know that, from previous years of the competition, South East Cambridgeshire is home to some impressive musicians. I would therefore encourage local bands and solo artists to enter this year’s competition. As well as prizes, Rock the House provides valuable exposure that could kick start a musical career.”
You may also want to watch:
Rock legend and patron of the competition, Alice Cooper said: “Rock the House is a great project which celebrates the fantastic diversity of the British music scene and gives musicians a vehicle through which to hold their legislators accountable about protecting the music industry’s intellectual property.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k