Motorist dies from injuries sustained in collision
- Credit: Archant
A 56-year-old man has died from injuries suffered in a collision in Kennett last week.
Colin Stephenson, of Broadway Eastgate Street, Bury St Edmunds, was driving his blue Mazda 6 in Dane Hill Road at about 5.10am on Tuesday, May 5, when it left the road and collided with a tree.
Mr Stephenson, a lorry driver for Turners of Soham, was on his way to work when the incident happened.
Police, fire and ambulance all attended and Colin was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge, with serious injuries although at the time they were not thought to be life threatening.
Colin remained in hospital until Sunday (May 10) when he died.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the incident or the vehicle in the moments leading up to the collision are asked to call the collision investigation unit on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 6 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 7 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'