Motorcylist killed in collision on the A10 near Downham Market
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has been killed in a crash on the A10 near Downham Market.
The crash between two motorcycles and a 4x4 happened at about 11.50am on Sunday at the junction with Modney Bridge Road.
The motorcycles were travelling towards Downham Market and a BMW X3 was turning into Modney Bridge Road when the collision happened.
A Kawasaki motorcycle collided with the BMW, and the bike rider, a man in his 40s, was fatally injured. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The second motorcycle, a Honda 599, avoided the crash but hit with the kerb, causing the rider, a man in his 30s, to come off. He suffered minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed for five hours while emergency services dealt with the crash and carried out investigations. It was re-opened at about 5.15pm.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the crash or has information concerning the driving/riding manner of either vehicle prior to the collision.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
Witnesses should contact Sergeant Peter Howlett at Swaffham Roads Policing on 101.