Motorcylist killed in collision on the A10 near Downham Market
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has been killed in a crash on the A10 near Downham Market.
The crash between two motorcycles and a 4x4 happened at about 11.50am on Sunday at the junction with Modney Bridge Road.
The motorcycles were travelling towards Downham Market and a BMW X3 was turning into Modney Bridge Road when the collision happened.
A Kawasaki motorcycle collided with the BMW, and the bike rider, a man in his 40s, was fatally injured. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The second motorcycle, a Honda 599, avoided the crash but hit with the kerb, causing the rider, a man in his 30s, to come off. He suffered minor injuries.
The road was closed for five hours while emergency services dealt with the crash and carried out investigations. It was re-opened at about 5.15pm.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the crash or has information concerning the driving/riding manner of either vehicle prior to the collision.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 4 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 5 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 6 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 7 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 8 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 9 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 10 Corporal lines up world record 135km paddleboard trek for 'gleaming' Bobby
Witnesses should contact Sergeant Peter Howlett at Swaffham Roads Policing on 101.