Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' following A1303 crash
- Credit: Google Maps
A motorcyclist has been "seriously injured" following a crash on the A1303 Newmarket Road.
The incident occurred at around 10.00am on Friday (July 1).
During the crash, a motorcyclist had come off his bike near Stow cum Quy.
Emergency services attended the scene, and the motorcyclist was taken to hospital with what Cambridgeshire Police have described as "serious injuries".
The road was partially blocked, whilst the incident was being dealt with.
Delays were experienced for two miles from Junction 35 of the highway's eastbound carriageway.
At the time, motorists were advised to avoid the area and allow extra time for their journeys.
- 1 'Why not have two stations?' - Villagers air their views on £37m rail project
- 2 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 3 Football club hosting 12-hour non-stop charity kickathon this weekend
- 4 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 5 ‘It went excellently’ - annual classic car show returns to city
- 6 Punter walks away from Newmarket £10k richer after placing lucky dip bet
- 7 Firefighters called to rescue horse trapped in Sutton Gault
- 8 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had worsening dementia’
- 9 Man taken to hospital after falling in city centre
- 10 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
A spokesperson for Hertfordshire Police said: "We were called at about 10.00am on Friday (July 1) with reports a motorcyclist had come off his bike on Newmarket Road, Stow cum Quy.
"Emergency services attended and the rider was taken to hospital with serious injuries.
"The road was partially blocked while recovery took place."