Motorcyclist in critical condition after smashing into fence in Ely
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist remains in a critical condition in hospital after colliding with a fence late last night (Thursday).
The East Anglian Air Ambulance joined paramedics at Lisle Lane shortly before 11.30pm after reports that a motorcyclist, a 32-year-old man, had careered into a metal fence.
A rapid response team from Magpas was also on scene.
A spokesman for Magpas said: “The Magpas team anaesthetised a man who suffered head and chest injuries.
“After providing crucial A&E level care for the patient at the scene, the Helimedix then accompanied the patient to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in a land ambulance.”
You may also want to watch:
The man, who was riding a blue Piaggio 125cc motorcycle, remains in a critical condition.
Sergeant Gordon Murray, of Cambridgeshire police, said: “We are keen to speak to anyone who saw the collision or the motorcycle prior to it.”
- 1 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 5 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 6 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 7 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 8 Election 2021: Counting gets under way in East Cambridgeshire
- 9 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 10 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
Anyone with any information should call Sgt Murray on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.