Motorcyclist critically injured - and flown to Addenbrooke’s - after collision involving BMW on the M11 near Duxford
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has been badly injured- and flown to hospital- following a collision with a BMW on the M11.
Police are appealing for information about the collision on the M11 near Duxford which has left a man in a critical condition.
The man in his early 20s, from the Northumbria area, was riding his motorcycle on the M11 southbound at about 2.30pm today when it collided with a red BMW 1 series.
The air ambulance attended and air lifted the man to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge where he remains in a critical condition. The driver of the BMW was uninjured.
A section of the road was closed for a number of hours while the collision scene was cleared.
You may also want to watch:
Police want to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or saw either of the vehicles in the moments leading up to the collision.
Anyone with information is asked to call the road policing unit on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via their website www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 8 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash