Staff and volunteers raise more than £300 for Cats Protection
- Credit: Archant
Staff at Ely rail station teamed up with volunteers from the local branch of Cats Protection raised more than £300 for local cats and kittens in need.
The fundraiser, which was held on platform one, included a stall with Cats Protection new goods, a cat photo competition and details and photos of cats and kittens that are currently looking for a new home.
Several volunteers manned the stalls and were able to give help and advice on all things cat related.
The staff at Ely Railway Station - Eileen, Becci, Amanda and Shaun - sold homemade cakes, dressed up as cats, and entertained everyone who visited the stall. Eileen also donated hand-crafted items for sale.
Theresa Langford, membership officer at Ely & District Cats Protection, said: “With Shaun’s encouraging station announcements and a sweepstake held at Cambridge Railway station, an amazing total of £324.25 was raised.
You may also want to watch:
“We also had support from Ely’s local celebrity cat and big fan of Ely & Cats Protection – Garfield the Sainsbury’s cat. “He apparently pestered his dad David into also giving us a huge donation.”
Theresa addeds: “I would like to say thank you so much to those customers of Greater Anglia who contributed to our fundraising on the day – we could not support the local cats without public help”.
- 1 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 2 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 3 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 6 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 7 Friendship and dating agency gets £114,000 funding boost
- 8 Campaigning for those excluded from government Covid support
- 9 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
For more information contact Cats Protection’s Ely and District Branch on 01353 699430, visit www.ely.cats.org.uk or search Cats Protection – Ely and District Branch on Facebook.