More than 20 rare tractors - including one of only five built - to go under the hammer at Cheffins April Vintage Sale
PUBLISHED: 10:30 08 February 2017 | UPDATED: 10:30 08 February 2017
More than £80,000 worth of vintage tractors are expected to sell at Cheffins' April vintage sale.
The Sutton-based auctioneer will auction off the Dave Boyles International Collection, which features more than 20 rare models of tractor, including four-wheel conversions of standard models on April 22.
The star lot will be the International 614 with front axle conversation – one of only five ever built – which is expected to take in £12,000 to £14,000.
Oliver Godfrey, Cheffins director, said: “Dave Boyles is well-known on the vintage tractor circuit and he has decided to cash in his pension and offer these rare and exciting tractors to the open market.
“We are thrilled to be involved in the sale of the collection and expect a number of machines to sell for top prices. The International 3588 ‘Snoopy’ is likely to generate a good deal of attention and we will be interested to see how well this sells, bearing in mind we have only sold one of these examples in the past 10 years.”
Key lots include:
• 1969 International 523 4wd, fully restored and a rare tractor to auction. est. £8,000-£10,000
• 1969 International 634 All-Wheel Drive, original condition, one of the more well-known IH conversions. est. £8,000-£10,000
• International 3588 ‘Snoopy’ 4wd tractor, uncommon and Cheffins has only sold one in the last 10 years est. £8,000-£10,000
• International 614 with Roadless front axle conversion. The rarest tractor in the collection, believed only 5-6 made est. £12,000-£14,000
• 1968 International 634 Roadless front axle conversion. est. £8,000-£10,000
For more information, visit www.cheffins.co.uk or call Cheffins auctioneers on 01353 777767.