More Than �1,000 Raised At Fete For St George's Church In Littleport
MORE than �1,000 was raised for St George s Church in Littleport at its annual summer fayre. The event included all the usual family favourites, as well as stalls selling green grocery, superb home-made cakes and hand-made jewellery. Choirmaster and org
MORE than �1,000 was raised for St George's Church in Littleport at its annual summer fayre.
The event included all the usual family favourites, as well as stalls selling green grocery, "superb" home-made cakes and hand-made jewellery. Choirmaster and organist Iain Harvey entertained visitors with a performance throughout the day.
Grenville Goodson, co-chairman of the village's Special Events Committee, said: "We raised �1,300 for the church. We were really well supported and we are very grateful for the support we received."
Pic cap: 7385HD0709: Church member Maggie McGowan who helped out at the church fete.
You may also want to watch:
Picture: HELEN DRAKE
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 4 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 5 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 8 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 9 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 10 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers