More Than �1,000 Raised At Fete For St George's Church In Littleport
MORE than �1,000 was raised for St George s Church in Littleport at its annual summer fayre. The event included all the usual family favourites, as well as stalls selling green grocery, superb home-made cakes and hand-made jewellery. Choirmaster and org
MORE than �1,000 was raised for St George's Church in Littleport at its annual summer fayre.
The event included all the usual family favourites, as well as stalls selling green grocery, "superb" home-made cakes and hand-made jewellery. Choirmaster and organist Iain Harvey entertained visitors with a performance throughout the day.
Grenville Goodson, co-chairman of the village's Special Events Committee, said: "We raised �1,300 for the church. We were really well supported and we are very grateful for the support we received."
Pic cap: 7385HD0709: Church member Maggie McGowan who helped out at the church fete.
You may also want to watch:
Picture: HELEN DRAKE
- 1 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 6 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 7 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 8 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
- 9 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 10 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments