More Crufts success for Isleham’s Jane and her whippets
- Credit: onEdition
A dog breeder from Isleham won the last ever Kennel Club Breeders’ Competition at Crufts.
Jane Wilton-Clark, who has bred some of the top-winning whippets in the breed, won the ultimate breeder’s title with her team of Shalfleet Whippets in front of a packed arena at the NEC in Birmingham.
Judge Steve Hall selected Jane’s whippets for the prize as the breeder with the best overall quality evident in their dogs.
Throughout the year, Ms Wilton-Clark has competed at championship dog shows around the UK for a chance to compete in the final, and, after months of hard work, the top scoring teams competedat Crufts..
Caroline Kisko, Kennel Club secretary said: “We are thrilled for Jane on this fantastic achievement. Her dogs are a real testament to the time and effort she has taken in developing sound breeding practices to produce wonderfully healthy and happy dogs.”
You may also want to watch:
Last year, Jane’s whippet CH Shalfleet Simply A Lord, better known as Troy, was crowned best whippet and fourth best hound at Crufts, which took place in Birmingham.
This year’s competition was the last ever Kennel Club Breeders’ competition, and a new competition, the Kennel Club Vulnerable British and Irish Breeds competition, has now been launched to reward breeders of those breeds who are considered vulnerable by the Kennel Club due to their low numbers in the UK.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 7 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed