More Court Watch
A WARRANT was issued for the arrest of Littleport man Robertas Bartkus when he failed to attend court on Thursday. Bartkus, 22, of The Car Wash, Ely Road, is accused of failing to stop after a road accident in Littleport on May 7, when injury was caused t
A WARRANT was issued for the arrest of Littleport man Robertas Bartkus when he failed to attend court on Thursday.
Bartkus, 22, of The Car Wash, Ely Road, is accused of failing to stop after a road accident in Littleport on May 7, when injury was caused to Marius Kaireuicius.
He is further accused of failing to report the accident to police, and driving a Vauxhall Calibra without insurance on the same date.
CONFUSION over the wording of an insurance certificate led Littleport man James Harrison to drive without insurance cover, he explained to magistrates this week.
You may also want to watch:
He had cover for one car, but it did not allow him to drive his second vehicle, he later discovered.
Harrison, 24, of Hardwick Close, admitted driving a Peugeot 405 without insurance on December 8 last year.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
Ely magistrates gave him a conditional discharge, six points were endorsed on his licence and he must pay £35 costs.
A MAN accused of fare dodging on the railway at Ely had his case adjourned until July 31.
Christopher Griffin, 20, of Cromwell Gardens, St Neots, is alleged to have failed to pay his fare at Ely, Cambridge and Littleport.
A MAN has been found not guilty of harassing Katherine Westley in Ely last year. Robert Blair, 41, of St Neots Boat Marina, faced trial at the city court house, and the case was dismissed.
FORTY-six-year-old Conrad Fiebig could be facing a driving ban. Fiebig, of Paddock Street, Soham, admitted driving a Citroen without insurance. Ely magistrates also convicted him in absence of driving the same vehicle without an MoT certificate on the same date. He is due to be sentenced on August 9.