More Court Watch
Plea of innocence AN allegation of using threatening behaviour has been denied by Ely man Robert Bennett. Bennett did not attend the city courthouse on Thursday, but his plea was entered on his behalf by solicitor Jacqui Baldwin. Thirty-two-year-old Benn
Plea of innocence
AN allegation of using threatening behaviour has been denied by Ely man Robert Bennett.
Bennett did not attend the city courthouse on Thursday, but his plea was entered on his behalf by solicitor Jacqui
You may also want to watch:
Thirty-two-year-old Bennett, of Ramsey Road, is on unconditional bail until he appears in court on September 21 to have the date of his trial fixed.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
THIRTY-three-year-old Witchford man Christopher Elsden has denied assaulting Elizabeth Greenhalgh in Ely on October 15.
At Ely Magistrates' Court on Thursday, Elsden, of Granary End, was given unconditional bail until September 21, when the date of his trial is due to be set.
THE trial of Little Downham man Paul Meads was cancelled on Thursday, when the Crown Prosecution Service decided
to offer no evidence against him.
Meads, 38, of Ely Road, had denied assaulting John Frances and Amanda Meads in Ely on May 25. City magistrates dismissed the case.