More Court Watch
Interpreter delay hits sentencing AN Ely man who has admitted driving while unfit through drugs could not be sentenced on Thursday because no Lithuanian language interpreter was available. So Romualdas Povilaitis, 50, has to wait until today (Thursday) to
Interpreter delay hits sentencing
AN Ely man who has admitted driving while unfit through drugs could not be sentenced on Thursday because no Lithuanian language interpreter was available.
So Romualdas Povilaitis, 50, has to wait until today (Thursday) to hear his fate decided by city magistrates.
At an earlier hearing, Povilaitis, of Norfolk Road, admitted driving while disqualified and without insurance on February 20, and driving when unfit through drugs on February 21.
His conditional bail banned him from entering any licensed premises, including shops.
- 1 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 2 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 3 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 4 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 5 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 8 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 9 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
MEPAL man Paul Green has admitted assaulting Francine Green by slapping her once on October 28 last year, and is due to be sentenced by Ely magistrates on May 4.
Green, 29, of Chestnut Way, had denied assaulting Ms Green on October 29, but on Thursday the Crown Prosecution Service offered no evidence and that allegation was dismissed.
Ready for trial
THE trial of a man accused of assaulting a teenage girl in Mepal is ready to go ahead on May 4, Ely magistrates were assured on Thursday.
Daniel Twite, 23, of Stradsett Estate, King's Lynn, is alleged to have committed the offence on August 25 last year.