More Court Watch
Interpreter delay hits sentencing AN Ely man who has admitted driving while unfit through drugs could not be sentenced on Thursday because no Lithuanian language interpreter was available. So Romualdas Povilaitis, 50, has to wait until today (Thursday) to
Interpreter delay hits sentencing
AN Ely man who has admitted driving while unfit through drugs could not be sentenced on Thursday because no Lithuanian language interpreter was available.
So Romualdas Povilaitis, 50, has to wait until today (Thursday) to hear his fate decided by city magistrates.
At an earlier hearing, Povilaitis, of Norfolk Road, admitted driving while disqualified and without insurance on February 20, and driving when unfit through drugs on February 21.
You may also want to watch:
His conditional bail banned him from entering any licensed premises, including shops.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
- 10 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
MEPAL man Paul Green has admitted assaulting Francine Green by slapping her once on October 28 last year, and is due to be sentenced by Ely magistrates on May 4.
Green, 29, of Chestnut Way, had denied assaulting Ms Green on October 29, but on Thursday the Crown Prosecution Service offered no evidence and that allegation was dismissed.
Ready for trial
THE trial of a man accused of assaulting a teenage girl in Mepal is ready to go ahead on May 4, Ely magistrates were assured on Thursday.
Daniel Twite, 23, of Stradsett Estate, King's Lynn, is alleged to have committed the offence on August 25 last year.