More Court Watch
Driver, 77, denies accident charge PENSIONER John Palmer has denied driving his black 5 Series BMW without due care and attention after an accident near his home. Palmer, 77, of Pratt Street, was charged after the accident involving a Peugeot car on Novem
Driver, 77, denies accident charge
PENSIONER John Palmer has denied driving his black 5 Series BMW without due care and attention after an accident near his home.
Palmer, 77, of Pratt Street, was charged after the accident involving a Peugeot car on November 14 last year.
He admitted driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence on the same day when he appeared before Ely Magistrates on Tuesday.
His case was adjourned until June 22.
Motorcyclist case adjourned
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 4 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 5 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 6 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 7 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 8 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 9 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 10 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
MOTORCYCLIST Nicholas Samson has been accused of driving without due care and attention after a four vehicle crash.
Samson, 38, of High Street, Chippenham, has denied the charge which resulted from an accident involving two cars and two motorbikes on July 30 last year on the B1085 Turnpike Road at Red Lodge. He was granted unconditional bail by Ely Magistrates and his case was adjourned until July 13.
Man denies speeding charge
AN allegation of speeding has been denied by Keith Heppell, 46, of Field End, Witchford.
Heppell is accused of driving a Renault Megane at 40 mph along Main Street in Witchford on December 16 last year, when a 30 mph speed limit was in force.
The date of his trial is due to be set by Ely magistrates on June 1.
Student caught by speed camera
POLISH student Siengiej Baburkin, was fined £60 after driving at 41mph in a 30mph limit.
Baburkin, 26, formerly of The Hostel at G's Marketing in Barway and now living at Dovehouse Close, Ely, was driving along Elizabeth Way, Cambridge when he triggered a speed camera.
Adjournment in assault case
THE sentencing of Mepal man Paul Green has been adjourned for a further four weeks.
Green, 29, of Chestnut Way, has admitted assaulting Francine Green in Soham on October 28 last year.
He is due back before Ely magistrates on June 1.
Man bailed on Co-op charge
ISLEHAM man Sean Forder has been charged with destroying £4-worth of items in the village Co-op store on April 27.
When he appeared before Ely magistrates on Thursday, 29-year-old Forder, of East Fen Road, had his case adjourned for two weeks and he was given unconditional bail.
Assault on police case adjourned
GARY Doyle is accused of assaulting a police officer in Ely on April 27.
Doyle, 42, who gave Ely magistrates a "care-of" address in High Barns, Ely, had his case adjourned for two weeks on Thursday, and was given unconditional bail.