More Court Watch...
Pensioner on trial THE case of a pensioner who denies driving without due care and attention has been adjourned for a pre-trial review on April 27. Dennis Hogg, 81, of Frederick Talbot Close, Soham, denies the charge, which relates to an incident on Sept
Pensioner on trial
THE case of a pensioner who denies driving without due care and attention has been adjourned for a pre-trial review on April 27.
Dennis Hogg, 81, of Frederick Talbot Close, Soham, denies the charge, which relates to an incident on September 5 last year, at the junction of High Street and Staploe Mews in the town, Ely Magistrates Court heard on Thursday.
Mr Hogg was driving a red Ford Escort which was in collision with a Rover when the alleged incident took place.
You may also want to watch:
Sex case in court
THE case of a Haddenham man who faces four charges of committing sex acts with an under-age girl has been sent to Cambridge Crown Court for trial.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 3 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
Stephen John Strangward, 50, of Bell Gardens, is alleged to have committed the offences between September 1 last year and February 13 this year.
He will appear at crown court on April 28 for a plea and directions hearing. He was remanded in custody until that date and bail was refused.
Driver 'racing' case
A LITTLE Downham man accused of 'racing' his car at St Thomas Place, Ely on October 2 last year will stand trial at Ely Magistrates' Court on April 27.
Gavin Dewey, 21, of Lawn Lane, will face a charge of driving his Toyota MR2 without due care and attention, which he denies.
Sex charge trial
A LITTLEPORT man accused of a sex act with an underage boy was committed for trial at Cambridge Crown Court at Ely Magistrates Court on Tuesday.
Daniel Nunn, 20, of Hempfield Place, will stand trial on May 8.
Trial date for pair
AN Ely woman and a teenage girl will stand trial on May 2 for intimidating a witness.
Rebecca Blunn, 24, of Herons Close, appeared with the teenager at Ely Magistrates Court on Tuesday when they both denied the charge.