More Court Watch...
Pensioner on trial THE case of a pensioner who denies driving without due care and attention has been adjourned for a pre-trial review on April 27. Dennis Hogg, 81, of Frederick Talbot Close, Soham, denies the charge, which relates to an incident on Sept
Pensioner on trial
THE case of a pensioner who denies driving without due care and attention has been adjourned for a pre-trial review on April 27.
Dennis Hogg, 81, of Frederick Talbot Close, Soham, denies the charge, which relates to an incident on September 5 last year, at the junction of High Street and Staploe Mews in the town, Ely Magistrates Court heard on Thursday.
Mr Hogg was driving a red Ford Escort which was in collision with a Rover when the alleged incident took place.
Sex case in court
THE case of a Haddenham man who faces four charges of committing sex acts with an under-age girl has been sent to Cambridge Crown Court for trial.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 4 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 5 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 6 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 7 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 8 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 9 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 10 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
Stephen John Strangward, 50, of Bell Gardens, is alleged to have committed the offences between September 1 last year and February 13 this year.
He will appear at crown court on April 28 for a plea and directions hearing. He was remanded in custody until that date and bail was refused.
Driver 'racing' case
A LITTLE Downham man accused of 'racing' his car at St Thomas Place, Ely on October 2 last year will stand trial at Ely Magistrates' Court on April 27.
Gavin Dewey, 21, of Lawn Lane, will face a charge of driving his Toyota MR2 without due care and attention, which he denies.
Sex charge trial
A LITTLEPORT man accused of a sex act with an underage boy was committed for trial at Cambridge Crown Court at Ely Magistrates Court on Tuesday.
Daniel Nunn, 20, of Hempfield Place, will stand trial on May 8.
Trial date for pair
AN Ely woman and a teenage girl will stand trial on May 2 for intimidating a witness.
Rebecca Blunn, 24, of Herons Close, appeared with the teenager at Ely Magistrates Court on Tuesday when they both denied the charge.