Money raised for Witchford church extension at drawing workshop
- Credit: Archant
Local artist Cary Outis held a drawing workshop in the church hall of St Andrew’s in Witchford at the weekend.
It was part of a series of community events planned towards funding an extension to the church.
Feedback included “excellent tuition; he was very clear and inspiring” and “after he had clearly described strategies I was amazed to see my second attempt looked like a real drawing”.
There was a sketchers’ competition as well. The 26 entries were displayed in the church and the first prize was awarded to Tony Brown for his drawing of a horse.
Three entrants came second: two by Sue Thompson (flowers and a man relaxing on a sofa) and a drawing of two ladies sitting on a bench by Don Beards.
You may also want to watch:
The first prize for the children’s section was the drawing of a kestrel by Harvey Stimpson.
£65.50 was made for the church extension funds.
- 1 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Florist's 'service with a smile' marks first year of triumph
- 4 Lucky escape for driver who 'lost control' of car
- 5 Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- 6 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 9 Military teenager to star on national podcast
- 10 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
The next event is the ‘What we do Supper’ on Thursday March 8 when during a two-course meal, there will be a number of 10-minute talks by people introducing their businesses or charities.
The evening starts at 7.30pm. For tickets or to speak at the event, contact firstname.lastname@example.org Tickets are also available from Witchford Post Office.