Cheques handed over to charity as Wilburton Beer Festival say cheers to successful year
- Credit: Archant
Wilburton Beer Festival held their annual beneficiary ceremony to present more than 20 cheques to charities and community groups.
Organisations that received the cheques included EACH, the Liam Fairhurst Foundation, Wilburton Community Baptist Church, Wilburton Primary School, The Harbour School, Wilburton Theatre Group plus many more sporting groups, guides and scouts.
Andrew Fleming, vice chair of Wilburton Beer Festival, said: “We had a fantastic Wilburton Beer Festival this year and it is our privilege to give out these donations to so many hard working organisations.
“We’re looking forward to making next year’s festival even better and to continuing to support our local community.”
Since 1998, the festival has raised more than £75,000 for various organisations.
You may also want to watch:
The organisers and helpers at the festival give up their time to arrange and stage the event which is now in its 20th year.
The ceremony took place last Thursday October 4.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Number of fatal injuries caused on our roads ‘remains far too high’
- 5 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 6 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 7 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 8 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 9 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam
- 10 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured