Cheques handed over to charity as Wilburton Beer Festival say cheers to successful year
- Credit: Archant
Wilburton Beer Festival held their annual beneficiary ceremony to present more than 20 cheques to charities and community groups.
Organisations that received the cheques included EACH, the Liam Fairhurst Foundation, Wilburton Community Baptist Church, Wilburton Primary School, The Harbour School, Wilburton Theatre Group plus many more sporting groups, guides and scouts.
Andrew Fleming, vice chair of Wilburton Beer Festival, said: “We had a fantastic Wilburton Beer Festival this year and it is our privilege to give out these donations to so many hard working organisations.
“We’re looking forward to making next year’s festival even better and to continuing to support our local community.”
Since 1998, the festival has raised more than £75,000 for various organisations.
You may also want to watch:
The organisers and helpers at the festival give up their time to arrange and stage the event which is now in its 20th year.
The ceremony took place last Thursday October 4.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 6 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 7 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 10 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip