Money raised at Ely Golf Gala Day
ABOUT £250 was raised to help the families of children with life-threatening illnesses at City of Ely Golf Club s gala day. The money was raised for East Anglia s Children s Hospices, which the club has raised almost £10,000 for so far. More than 140 memb
ABOUT £250 was raised to help the families of children with life-threatening illnesses at City of Ely Golf Club's gala day.
The money was raised for East Anglia's Children's Hospices, which the club has raised almost £10,000 for so far.
More than 140 members took part in two competitions and these were won by Chris Mitchell and Jeremy Lorraine, and Richard and Marion Hough.
There were many other prizes donated by members, together with a chipping competition run by the club juniors, alongside a tombola and raffle.
You may also want to watch:
Evening entertainment included a bouncy castle, music from the Cambridge Jazz Company and a barbecue.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour