Money raised at Ely Golf Gala Day
ABOUT £250 was raised to help the families of children with life-threatening illnesses at City of Ely Golf Club s gala day. The money was raised for East Anglia s Children s Hospices, which the club has raised almost £10,000 for so far. More than 140 memb
ABOUT £250 was raised to help the families of children with life-threatening illnesses at City of Ely Golf Club's gala day.
The money was raised for East Anglia's Children's Hospices, which the club has raised almost £10,000 for so far.
More than 140 members took part in two competitions and these were won by Chris Mitchell and Jeremy Lorraine, and Richard and Marion Hough.
There were many other prizes donated by members, together with a chipping competition run by the club juniors, alongside a tombola and raffle.
Evening entertainment included a bouncy castle, music from the Cambridge Jazz Company and a barbecue.
- 1 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’