Money collected at the funeral of a former Wilburton landlord will help an Ely horticultural charity
- Credit: Archant
An Ely horticultural charity has been given a donation of £240 by long-standing landlady Pam Griffin of the Kings Head at Wilburton.
The money was collected at the funeral of her partner Chris Paddock who died suddenly in September last year.
She said: “When Chris died I thought it would be good to give the money donated to local charities.
“Earth is for local people and the people who need help will get the money.”
The pub also runs a donation box for Earth on a regular basis.
You may also want to watch:
The charity, based at Larkfield, High Barns, enables people of all ages with varying abilities to work in real horticultural situations.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 8 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review