Modern Post Office for Burwell
- Credit: Archant
Burwell Post Office is getting a makeover as well as longer opening hours and banking services for personal and business customers.
The new look will be launched on Friday March 10.
Sue Whittall, Post Office area manager, said: “We are making it easier for customers to get their cash, send and collect their mail and do their banking because we know how important these services are to local residents.
“We are confident that this vibrant new-style Post Office at the heart of the local community will meet customer needs.
“This modernisation is part of a major investment programme, the largest in the history of the Post Office and will secure services for the future.”
You may also want to watch:
Included in the new service is
• Post Office opening Saturday afternoon.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
• Extra five hours per week.
• Wider selection of foreign currency on demand.
• Banking services for personal customers and small businesses.
The services will be provided from two modern, full-screened counters, which will be open Monday to Saturday from 9am to 5.30pm which is an extra five hours a week including Saturday afternoon.
The branch closes for refurbishment on Wednesday March 1 at 5.30pm for the work to be carried out.
The changes are part of a major modernisation programme across the Post Office network designed to make it easier for customers to do business, through longer opening hours and modern open plan environments.