Modern Post Office for Burwell
- Credit: Archant
Burwell Post Office is getting a makeover as well as longer opening hours and banking services for personal and business customers.
The new look will be launched on Friday March 10.
Sue Whittall, Post Office area manager, said: “We are making it easier for customers to get their cash, send and collect their mail and do their banking because we know how important these services are to local residents.
“We are confident that this vibrant new-style Post Office at the heart of the local community will meet customer needs.
“This modernisation is part of a major investment programme, the largest in the history of the Post Office and will secure services for the future.”
Included in the new service is
• Post Office opening Saturday afternoon.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 3 Popular food and leisure hub plans win over planners
- 4 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 5 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 6 £4.8m loan to transform office block into flats repaid
- 7 Woman dies following crash on A1303
- 8 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 9 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 10 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
• Extra five hours per week.
• Wider selection of foreign currency on demand.
• Banking services for personal customers and small businesses.
The services will be provided from two modern, full-screened counters, which will be open Monday to Saturday from 9am to 5.30pm which is an extra five hours a week including Saturday afternoon.
The branch closes for refurbishment on Wednesday March 1 at 5.30pm for the work to be carried out.
The changes are part of a major modernisation programme across the Post Office network designed to make it easier for customers to do business, through longer opening hours and modern open plan environments.