Mock Election Launch At Ely Junior School
FIVE candidates standing in a mock general election at King s Junior School have launched their campaigns. The mock election will be held on April 30. There are five candidates, all Year 8 pupils. Katharine Wege is standing for the Conservatives, Lewis
FIVE candidates standing in a mock general election at King's Junior School have launched their campaigns.
The mock election will be held on April 30. There are five candidates, all Year 8 pupils. Katharine Wege is standing for the Conservatives, Lewis Carrier is the Green Party candidate, Alex Piggott is campaigning for Labour, Fiona Campbell for the Lib Dems and Chris Le is the UKIP candidate.
Campaign teams have been working to produce posters and fliers in support of each candidate and each candidate was interviewed on video by a Year 7 pupil for screening at an assembly.
Voting booths will be set up in the school's hall on election day and each pupil will be given a registration card in order to cast their vote.
You may also want to watch:
Kim Prior, King's Junior School's head of PSHE (Personal, Social and Health Education), said: "The candidates and their teams have been working hard on their campaigns. The election gives the pupils the opportunity to consider such issues as democracy and freedom of speech.
"At this stage it's anyone's guess who will win."
- 1 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 2 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 3 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 4 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 5 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 9 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
- 10 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
Pic cap: Making their point: Katharine Wege (Conservative), Lewis Carrier (Green), Fiona Campbell (Lib Dem), Alex Piggott (Labour) and Chris Le (UKIP).