Mock Election Launch At Ely Junior School
FIVE candidates standing in a mock general election at King s Junior School have launched their campaigns. The mock election will be held on April 30. There are five candidates, all Year 8 pupils. Katharine Wege is standing for the Conservatives, Lewis
FIVE candidates standing in a mock general election at King's Junior School have launched their campaigns.
The mock election will be held on April 30. There are five candidates, all Year 8 pupils. Katharine Wege is standing for the Conservatives, Lewis Carrier is the Green Party candidate, Alex Piggott is campaigning for Labour, Fiona Campbell for the Lib Dems and Chris Le is the UKIP candidate.
Campaign teams have been working to produce posters and fliers in support of each candidate and each candidate was interviewed on video by a Year 7 pupil for screening at an assembly.
Voting booths will be set up in the school's hall on election day and each pupil will be given a registration card in order to cast their vote.
You may also want to watch:
Kim Prior, King's Junior School's head of PSHE (Personal, Social and Health Education), said: "The candidates and their teams have been working hard on their campaigns. The election gives the pupils the opportunity to consider such issues as democracy and freedom of speech.
"At this stage it's anyone's guess who will win."
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 3 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 4 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 5 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 6 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 7 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 8 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 9 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house
- 10 Our guide to The Library Presents' spring outdoor events series
Pic cap: Making their point: Katharine Wege (Conservative), Lewis Carrier (Green), Fiona Campbell (Lib Dem), Alex Piggott (Labour) and Chris Le (UKIP).