Mobile phone app designed to boost trade in Ely set to go live
- Credit: Archant
A TREASURE trail is being set up around Ely to mark the launch of a mobile phone application that organisers hope will boost trade in the city.
Ely web developers Simon Pittock and Daniel Block launch a digital service tomorrow that, they hope, will help galvanize Ely city centre against the increasing threat of online shopping.
Ely Ace is a mobile phone app which aims to provide visitors and traders a platform to share ideas, offers, advice and information about the city centre and what is has to offer.
The project has been almost two years in the making and is backed by the community forum Ely Perspective.
Posters will be displayed in shop windows around Ely from Saturday with a QR code which mobile phone users will be able to scan to retrieve a clue.
The clue will take the scanner inside the shop where they will be able to retrieve a special offer or prize.
Mr Block said: “We have been rather encouraged by the response that we have had locally. Major stores like Boots and Wilkinson’s are also on board.”
- 1 Councils bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 2 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 5 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 6 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 7 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 8 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 1,800 enjoy free Christmas day out at Ely’s ‘hidden gem’
The free app can be downloaded from Apple’s App Store or from Google Play.
For more information, visit www.elyace.co.uk