Mobile phone app designed to boost trade in Ely set to go live
- Credit: Archant
A TREASURE trail is being set up around Ely to mark the launch of a mobile phone application that organisers hope will boost trade in the city.
Ely web developers Simon Pittock and Daniel Block launch a digital service tomorrow that, they hope, will help galvanize Ely city centre against the increasing threat of online shopping.
Ely Ace is a mobile phone app which aims to provide visitors and traders a platform to share ideas, offers, advice and information about the city centre and what is has to offer.
The project has been almost two years in the making and is backed by the community forum Ely Perspective.
Posters will be displayed in shop windows around Ely from Saturday with a QR code which mobile phone users will be able to scan to retrieve a clue.
You may also want to watch:
The clue will take the scanner inside the shop where they will be able to retrieve a special offer or prize.
Mr Block said: “We have been rather encouraged by the response that we have had locally. Major stores like Boots and Wilkinson’s are also on board.”
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 4 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 8 Three hare coursers - with three children and three dogs in car - fined for damaging crops
- 9 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 10 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
The free app can be downloaded from Apple’s App Store or from Google Play.
For more information, visit www.elyace.co.uk