Mobile phone app designed to boost trade in Ely set to go live
- Credit: Archant
A TREASURE trail is being set up around Ely to mark the launch of a mobile phone application that organisers hope will boost trade in the city.
Ely web developers Simon Pittock and Daniel Block launch a digital service tomorrow that, they hope, will help galvanize Ely city centre against the increasing threat of online shopping.
Ely Ace is a mobile phone app which aims to provide visitors and traders a platform to share ideas, offers, advice and information about the city centre and what is has to offer.
The project has been almost two years in the making and is backed by the community forum Ely Perspective.
Posters will be displayed in shop windows around Ely from Saturday with a QR code which mobile phone users will be able to scan to retrieve a clue.
You may also want to watch:
The clue will take the scanner inside the shop where they will be able to retrieve a special offer or prize.
Mr Block said: “We have been rather encouraged by the response that we have had locally. Major stores like Boots and Wilkinson’s are also on board.”
- 1 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 2 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 3 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 4 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 5 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 6 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 7 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 8 Annual classic car show returns to Ely
- 9 Book tickets for brewery’s summer jazz party
- 10 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
The free app can be downloaded from Apple’s App Store or from Google Play.
For more information, visit www.elyace.co.uk