Mission To Zimababwe
Patrick Brandon, pastor of the Olive Tree Fellowship in Ely, has recently returned from a visit to Zimbabwe. The Olive Tree is part of the Barnabas Fellowship of Churches, which includes 12 churches in Zimbabwe. At the main one (in Kwe Kwe) there is a pre
Patrick Brandon, pastor of the Olive Tree Fellowship in Ely, has recently returned from a visit to Zimbabwe. The Olive Tree is part of the Barnabas Fellowship of Churches, which includes 12 churches in Zimbabwe. At the main one (in Kwe Kwe) there is a pre-school, for children, aged from three to five years of age. One of the ladies in the Ely church teaches in a local nursery school and is keen to develop links between the two.
Inflation in Zimbabwe is running at 1000% and unemployment is said to be approaching 80%, so things are difficult there. By comparison we have plenty, so we are hoping that the church and school communities will be able to help with much-needed resources, such as books and visual aids. Pastor Brandon was able to take with him a number of reading books and story outlines, with flashcards and pictures. The headteacher there, Mrs Naomi Chamisa, was delighted - and so were the children.
The two schools are intending to exchange news, photographs and letters, to help the children of both to be aware of life in the others' country.
The pastor came back with many pictures that are already being seen in the local school. They include rather basic equipment in the playground, an outdoor kitchen, and some remarkably happy young children.
You may also want to watch:
INFO: Anyone wishing to know more about the project or how help, should contact pastor Patrick Brandon on 01353 612316.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues