Owners plea to help find Jack who went missing nine months ago on a walk in Little Thetford
- Credit: Archant
Owners of a much loved dog have offered a reward to find her after she went missing nine months ago while on a walk.
The dog went missing at Little Thetford but is now thought to be covering a large radius living wild.
Jack’s owner Iva McCartney said: “She is still missing and has definitely gone feral.
“Quite a few sightings, but many people are still unaware that she’s missing, and on a few occasions I only heard about the sightings by pure chance, and with a couple of weeks delay, which is no use to me, as it seems she is covering quite a large area.
“Despite me posting leaflets through doors, sticking posters around, and using Facebook groups to ask people to keep an eye out, I still don’t get enough sightings to make it possible to predict her movements, or pinpoint her den.”
A reward is offered for Jack who is a female crossbreed and is a husky shape and size.
She is mostly black, with some light tan and white on face, feet and bottom.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 4 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 5 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 8 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
“We are offering a large reward for her return or information leading to her return.
“Dogs in survival mode see humans as predators, which is why we ask people to just let us know the time and place they might have seen her, instead of trying to catch her.
“We have a dog trapping team ready, once her whereabouts are narrowed down a bit.
“If living wild, she could be anywhere within 20 miles radius from where she disappeared at Little Thetford.”
• Jack went missing on May 1 around 10pm during an evening walk. If you see her please Please call 07707-028181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Visit her Mad Dog Jack Missing Facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/MadDogJackMissing/