Missing dad found safe and well

PUBLISHED: 11:16 24 November 2011

Clyve Wood

Clyve Wood

Archant

A MISSING dad from Soham has been found safe and well, a week after his family launched a desperate appeal for information.

Clyve Wood left his home on Queensway back in August after separating from his partner and told family that he was planning to go and stay with a friend in Dorset.

The 22-year-old failed to let relatives know that he had arrived safely however, and, after receiving no reply to messages left on his phone, Clyve’s worried family launched an appeal on social networking site Facebook.

More than 600 people joined the page and missing persons agencies across the UK were informed of his disappearance, along with local radio stations in Dorset.

An front page appeal also appeared on last week’s copy of the Ely Standard.

On Monday however, 22-year-old Clyve contacted his sisters for the first time in more than three months to let them know he was safe.

Clyve’s sister, Sheila Wood, said: “He sent a message to two of my sisters on Monday and they rang him straight back, it was a huge relief to know he was safe.

“He said he had gotten wind that his face was all over the newspapers so he went online to check it out. He realised how much he was missed so he got back in touch and let is know where he was.

“It was the best present we could have had for this Christmas, everybody is so relieved.”

Shield added that Clive was settling down in Dorset and was hoping to get a job. He was also planning on coming back to Soham to visit family at Christmas and to see his four-year-old daughter, Khia, who will celebrate her birthday on Christmas Eve.

Most Read

Latest from the Ely Standard

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists