Minister of State for Digital and Culture Matt Hancock teams up with SE Cambs MP Lucy Frazer to switch on village’s superfast broadband
- Credit: Archant
The Minister of State for Digital and Culture was on hand to open a broadband cabinet in East Cambridgeshire yesterday.
Matt Hancock MP joined SE Cambs MP Lucy Frazer to switch on superfast broadband in West Wickham as part of Ms Frazer’s work in enabling the whole of the district to have access to a fast internet connection.
Mr Hancock said: “South East Cambridgeshire is now better connected than the UK average.
“South East Cambridgeshire is increasingly well connected with more than nine out of 10 homes having access to superfast broadband.
“This new connection only came about because of the hard work of local broadband champions and the dedicated work of Lucy who has had such an impact over the past two years.
You may also want to watch:
“I look forward to working with her and Connecting Cambridgeshire to make sure everyone gets the connections they need.”
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 4 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 5 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 6 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000