Mini catches fire after exiting ‘seriously slippy’ Ely Road and colliding with tree - driver escapes with very slight injuries
- Credit: Archant
A red Mini caught fire on Wednesday evening after exiting a ‘seriously slippy’ Ely Road Littleport and colliding with a tree near Pypers Hill Farm.
The driver managed to escape the collision with very slight injuries, however the car was written off.
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue were quick to the scene to extinguish the flames and are issuing strong advice for people to drop their speed and proceed with caution.
PC Gerry Cronin said: “It’s difficult to believe that someone can walk away with bruising from a collision like that.
“This particular piece of road is very slippy and the temperature is dropping.
You may also want to watch:
“People really do need to take extra care.”
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 3 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 7 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 8 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 9 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road