Mini catches fire after exiting ‘seriously slippy’ Ely Road and colliding with tree - driver escapes with very slight injuries
- Credit: Archant
A red Mini caught fire on Wednesday evening after exiting a ‘seriously slippy’ Ely Road Littleport and colliding with a tree near Pypers Hill Farm.
The driver managed to escape the collision with very slight injuries, however the car was written off.
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue were quick to the scene to extinguish the flames and are issuing strong advice for people to drop their speed and proceed with caution.
PC Gerry Cronin said: “It’s difficult to believe that someone can walk away with bruising from a collision like that.
“This particular piece of road is very slippy and the temperature is dropping.
You may also want to watch:
“People really do need to take extra care.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 7 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor