Mayor of Ely among audience as Miltary Wives Choirs comes to Ely Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
There was a warm welcome from the Mayor of Ely, Councillor Richard Hobbs, for the Military Wives Choirs on their visit to Ely Cathedral last week.
Despite the winter cold, dozens of people attended the concert on Wednesday November 2 which was performed by the Chicksands and Henlow Military Wives Choir, Honington Military Wives Choir, Wattisham Military Wives Choir & Wimbish Military Wives Choir.
The mayor joined Chris Chappell, project director for Wates who sponsored the concert, as well as Melanie Nightingale, director at Military Wives Choirs, and Chris Booton, accounts director.
There are 75 different Military Wives Choirs in total.
Following the success of their number one single ‘Wherever You Are’, which raised more than £500,000 for military charities SSAFA & The Royal British Legion, the Military Wives Choirs Foundation was established in 2012 by a small group of military wives from the first choirs, supported by SSAFA, as a charitable network to support women in the British military community.
You may also want to watch:
Visit www.ticketmaster.co.uk/militarywiveschoirs for tickets for upcoming performances.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 10 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member