Milliner wins Best Dressed Lady accolade at Newmarket Ladies’ Day
- Credit: Gregg Brown
More than 1,600 women dressed to impress at Newmarket’s annual Ladies’ Day with a 32-year-old milliner scooping the event’s coveted fashion prize.
Ana Pribylova, who lives in Battersea, London, won the award for Best Dressed Lady at the first day of the Moet and Chandon July Festival, which welcomed more than 17,000 visitors.
Judges choose Ana’s red flowing dress from True Decadence designers, topped with an intricate self-made glass red hat and silver shoes from River Island as the winning combination.
Ana, who is originally from Australia and has her own hat studio, said: “I am absolutely over the moon. I had my one and only bet in the last race and Shamshon won, so it has been a great day. I’ve been very lucky.
“I bought this dress a few weeks ago, but I broke a few rules with it, because usually I have fitted dresses, but this one flows a bit more.
You may also want to watch:
“I wanted metallic shoes to go with the hat, because I have a mirrored headpiece which has over 250 pieces in it which are hand cut. “I made it in a period of over three or four months, because Ascot was in the middle of it and it was quite a busy time for me. I made about 20 or 30 pieces for Ascot.
“I started making them in Australia as the race days are big over there and when I came over here, people asked me to make hats for them and it has just developed from there.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 7 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
“I studied under some top milliners and then decided to create my own label – so here I am.”