100 pairs of football boots and dozens of sports kits donated to charity
- Credit: Archant
100 pairs of football boots and dozens of sports kits donated by Ely residents have been collected in aid of charity.
Fleur Patten, who runs the Facebook page Miles Of Smiles, has once again been collecting footwear for Boots2Africa.
“Some football boots and trainers only arrived here yesterday (Tuesday August 11) and they are on their way to Malawi and Kenya already,” she said.
“Thanks to everyone involved, particularly Marlene Lockwood (Ely City), Helen Edwards (Witchford Colts) and Littleport Colts.
“But thanks to everyone for every single pair, and to Chris Morgan who kindly donated a goal and a net.
You may also want to watch:
“All will go in a container for shipment.”
It’s not the only charity collection that Fleur is involved with, though, as Shoe Aid will be coming to Ely on Friday to collect 500 pairs of donated footwear.
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 5 Number of fatal injuries caused on our roads ‘remains far too high’
- 6 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 9 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 10 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam
“They’re all in my garage just waiting to be collected for new feet around the UK,” she added.