Michael set to go that extra mile for children’s hospital
- Credit: Archant
Ely student, Michael Koiza is preparing to take on an 85-mile charity walk for Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Michael, 14, decided to support the hospital after reading several articles about its work and subsequently visiting the hospital, in London.
He felt so passionately about doing something for the children that he challenged himself to do an 85-mile charity walk from Cambridge to Cromer.
Michael, who studies at King’s Ely, will start the walk on November 29 and has mapped out a route along the Fens River walkway from Cambridge to King’s Lynn that follows the River Cam and Great Ouse, then continuing along the North Norfolk scenic coastal path to Cromer.
He has had fantastic support from family, friends & teachers and is also being sponsored by Holiday Inn, Cambridge. Kind support also from Ridgeons, Staples, and the Constantia Restaurant, Cromer.
You may also want to watch:
To support Michael in his efforts, visit www.justgiving.com/michaelkoiza
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 3 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 4 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 5 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 6 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 7 Contractors 'did not follow the brief' when it came to drain maintenance
- 8 Cineworld Ely expected to reopen in May
- 9 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 10 Lunging challenge in boyfriend's memory raises thousands for charity