Michael set to go that extra mile for children’s hospital
- Credit: Archant
Ely student, Michael Koiza is preparing to take on an 85-mile charity walk for Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Michael, 14, decided to support the hospital after reading several articles about its work and subsequently visiting the hospital, in London.
He felt so passionately about doing something for the children that he challenged himself to do an 85-mile charity walk from Cambridge to Cromer.
Michael, who studies at King’s Ely, will start the walk on November 29 and has mapped out a route along the Fens River walkway from Cambridge to King’s Lynn that follows the River Cam and Great Ouse, then continuing along the North Norfolk scenic coastal path to Cromer.
He has had fantastic support from family, friends & teachers and is also being sponsored by Holiday Inn, Cambridge. Kind support also from Ridgeons, Staples, and the Constantia Restaurant, Cromer.
You may also want to watch:
To support Michael in his efforts, visit www.justgiving.com/michaelkoiza
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment