Michael's Brush and Comb Wins Ely Standard Best Dressed Window Award
ELY hairdressers Michael s Brush and Comb, claimed the Ely Standard s Best Dressed Window award this week. The Newnham Street salon s festively inspired display particularly impressed the judges and staff were rewarded for their efforts with the coveted c
ELY hairdressers Michael's Brush and Comb, claimed the Ely Standard's Best Dressed Window award this week.
The Newnham Street salon's festively inspired display particularly impressed the judges and staff were rewarded for their efforts with the coveted competition shield, presented at a special ceremony held on Thursday (Dec 17).
There were dozens of contenders for this year's award, with several outstanding candidates vying for the title which has been held since 2008 by the Cathedral Shop in High Street.
Salon proprietor Michael Mitchell, said "It was a lovely surprise. We have been decorating our window at Christmas for around 25 years so to have been recognised is fantastic.
You may also want to watch:
"Our idea for the window is always based around our fancy dress theme for the year so this year we included lots of silver and red which worked very well."
Pic cap: 8320: from left to right are: Claire Watson, Selina Scott-Jaggard, Michael Mitchell and Julie Sanchez.
- 1 Punch in face leaves man with fractured nose
- 2 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 3 Boy, 14, to wear electronic tag and obey curfew after admitting harassment
- 4 Letters: No praise for Palmer, litter picker success and neglected roads
- 5 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 6 Have your say on Network Rail increasing rail capacity through Ely
- 7 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 8 Firefighters tackle deliberate barn blaze for more than four hours
- 9 Family 'thrilled' as pair's lockdown locks raise charity cash
- 10 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
Photo: HELEN DRAKE.