Michael's Brush and Comb Wins Ely Standard Best Dressed Window Award
ELY hairdressers Michael s Brush and Comb, claimed the Ely Standard s Best Dressed Window award this week. The Newnham Street salon s festively inspired display particularly impressed the judges and staff were rewarded for their efforts with the coveted c
ELY hairdressers Michael's Brush and Comb, claimed the Ely Standard's Best Dressed Window award this week.
The Newnham Street salon's festively inspired display particularly impressed the judges and staff were rewarded for their efforts with the coveted competition shield, presented at a special ceremony held on Thursday (Dec 17).
There were dozens of contenders for this year's award, with several outstanding candidates vying for the title which has been held since 2008 by the Cathedral Shop in High Street.
Salon proprietor Michael Mitchell, said "It was a lovely surprise. We have been decorating our window at Christmas for around 25 years so to have been recognised is fantastic.
You may also want to watch:
"Our idea for the window is always based around our fancy dress theme for the year so this year we included lots of silver and red which worked very well."
Pic cap: 8320: from left to right are: Claire Watson, Selina Scott-Jaggard, Michael Mitchell and Julie Sanchez.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 3 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 4 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 7 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical
- 10 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
Photo: HELEN DRAKE.