Michael's Brush and Comb Wins Ely Standard Best Dressed Window Award
ELY hairdressers Michael s Brush and Comb, claimed the Ely Standard s Best Dressed Window award this week. The Newnham Street salon s festively inspired display particularly impressed the judges and staff were rewarded for their efforts with the coveted c
ELY hairdressers Michael's Brush and Comb, claimed the Ely Standard's Best Dressed Window award this week.
The Newnham Street salon's festively inspired display particularly impressed the judges and staff were rewarded for their efforts with the coveted competition shield, presented at a special ceremony held on Thursday (Dec 17).
There were dozens of contenders for this year's award, with several outstanding candidates vying for the title which has been held since 2008 by the Cathedral Shop in High Street.
Salon proprietor Michael Mitchell, said "It was a lovely surprise. We have been decorating our window at Christmas for around 25 years so to have been recognised is fantastic.
"Our idea for the window is always based around our fancy dress theme for the year so this year we included lots of silver and red which worked very well."
Pic cap: 8320: from left to right are: Claire Watson, Selina Scott-Jaggard, Michael Mitchell and Julie Sanchez.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 4 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 5 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 6 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 7 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 10 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
Photo: HELEN DRAKE.