Michael's Brush and Comb Wins Ely Standard Best Dressed Window Award
ELY hairdressers Michael s Brush and Comb, claimed the Ely Standard s Best Dressed Window award this week. The Newnham Street salon s festively inspired display particularly impressed the judges and staff were rewarded for their efforts with the coveted c
ELY hairdressers Michael's Brush and Comb, claimed the Ely Standard's Best Dressed Window award this week.
The Newnham Street salon's festively inspired display particularly impressed the judges and staff were rewarded for their efforts with the coveted competition shield, presented at a special ceremony held on Thursday (Dec 17).
There were dozens of contenders for this year's award, with several outstanding candidates vying for the title which has been held since 2008 by the Cathedral Shop in High Street.
Salon proprietor Michael Mitchell, said "It was a lovely surprise. We have been decorating our window at Christmas for around 25 years so to have been recognised is fantastic.
You may also want to watch:
"Our idea for the window is always based around our fancy dress theme for the year so this year we included lots of silver and red which worked very well."
Pic cap: 8320: from left to right are: Claire Watson, Selina Scott-Jaggard, Michael Mitchell and Julie Sanchez.
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 7 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 8 Win vouchers to spend at supermarket
- 9 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 10 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
Photo: HELEN DRAKE.