Michael, 16, taking on skydive for charity close to his heart
- Credit: Supplied
A 16-year-old boy from Littleport is taking on a skydive next month (May) in hopes of raising vital funds for a charity close to his heart.
Michael Gipp, a Year 11 student at Littleport & East Cambs Academy, has always wanted to complete a skydive, but had to wait until he turned 16 last month (March) to sign up.
His auntie, Angela Gipp, offered to pay for the skydive.
“He’ll be taking on the skydive on Monday, May 2 and it’ll be a really special day as that’s his Nana’s 70th birthday” she said.
“I did a charity jump myself 20 years ago and Michael’s always wanted to do one too.”
Michael has chosen to donate the funds raised from his skydive to Diabetes UK.
“It’s a condition that his Grandad has and is also something that affects a number of people in the local community either personally or by having a family/friend with the condition,” said Angela.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 4 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 5 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
- 8 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 9 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 10 ‘Inspirational’ teacher, Esmeralda, honoured in national teaching awards
“He’s hoping to raise a minimum of £500.”
You can donate to Michael’s skydive by visiting his JustGiving page.