Weather warning for high winds across region
- Credit: Archant
A weather warning is in place for Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire on Saturday, with high winds forecast.
Gusts approaching 50mph are being forecast, with winds peaking around lunchtime.
The Met Office yellow warning says: "A spell of strong winds may cause disruption on Saturday across parts of England and Wales, especially the southwest.
"There is a small chance of injuries and danger to life from flying debris, more likely across southwest England.
"There is a slight chance of some damage to buildings, such as tiles blown from roofs, more likely across southwest England."
You may also want to watch:
South-westerly winds are expected to cause rough seas and flying spray along the north west Norfolk coastline.
- 1 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 2 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 3 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 4 Spat at police officer tests positive for Covid-19
- 5 Theatre group stream panto online for those who missed it due to lockdown
- 6 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 7 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 8 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 9 Cambs city voted ‘most likely to survive zombie apocalypse’
- 10 Man, 21, with 15,000 indecent images and videos plus 'paedophile manual' spared jail