Weather warning for high winds across region
- Credit: Archant
A weather warning is in place for Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire on Saturday, with high winds forecast.
Gusts approaching 50mph are being forecast, with winds peaking around lunchtime.
The Met Office yellow warning says: "A spell of strong winds may cause disruption on Saturday across parts of England and Wales, especially the southwest.
"There is a small chance of injuries and danger to life from flying debris, more likely across southwest England.
"There is a slight chance of some damage to buildings, such as tiles blown from roofs, more likely across southwest England."
South-westerly winds are expected to cause rough seas and flying spray along the north west Norfolk coastline.
- 1 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 2 Mara is Ely Standard Pet of the Year - voted for by you
- 3 Baby murder accused 'didn't say much' after life support withdrawn
- 4 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 5 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 6 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body
- 7 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 9 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 10 Ely City WI share 'exciting projects' for 2022