Weather warning for high winds across region
- Credit: Archant
A weather warning is in place for Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire on Saturday, with high winds forecast.
Gusts approaching 50mph are being forecast, with winds peaking around lunchtime.
The Met Office yellow warning says: "A spell of strong winds may cause disruption on Saturday across parts of England and Wales, especially the southwest.
"There is a small chance of injuries and danger to life from flying debris, more likely across southwest England.
"There is a slight chance of some damage to buildings, such as tiles blown from roofs, more likely across southwest England."
You may also want to watch:
South-westerly winds are expected to cause rough seas and flying spray along the north west Norfolk coastline.
- 1 Holiday park 'honoured' to host Cambridge Boat Race teams
- 2 Youngsters finally get their wish thanks to new goalposts
- 3 'Lot wrong' but opponents admit concrete plant expansion defeat
- 4 Cambridgeshire mourns death of HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh
- 5 Museum shares historical photos of Ely Market and its royal visitors
- 6 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 7 Rats spotted around overflowing bins in Ely
- 8 Mum-of-two battling arthritis tackles year-long workout test
- 9 Counsellor moves practise outdoors with ‘Walk and Talk Sessions’
- 10 'Not fair' refuse lorries put at risk from badly maintained private road