Children given a premier chance to enjoy sport at Mepal and Witcham Primary School
- Credit: Archant
Pupils have been inspired to keep fit at the start of the new school year thanks to a delivery of donated sports equipment.
Mepal and Witcham CofE Primary School have received a free Premier League primary stars equipment pack stocked with including Nike match footballs, training bibs and numbered and lettered floor markers.
The pack was awarded to pupils following a successful application by teacher Emma Young.
Richard Scudamore, executive chairman of the Premier League, said: “The Premier League Primary Stars kit and equipment packs provide a fantastic boost to schools at the start of the new school year.
“We hope that coupled with the free downloadable online resources, we can inspire children to do their best in the classroom and on the sports field.”
You may also want to watch:
The scheme is part of a Premier League education programme, which uses the appeal of professional football clubs to inspire children at primary schools across England and Wales to learn, be active and develop important life skills.
Emma Young, teacher at Mepal and Witcham, added: “We are extremely grateful to the Premier League for this donation. As a small school, with a limited budget, this will enable us to keep offering the children sporting and learning opportunities with good quality equipment.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody